Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Report Date

Well today was the day. A little more than an hour ago Cameron reported and he is 'officially' my missionary son! I of course had written him a letter within 20 minutes of his report time at dearelder.com (Box248) where anyone can and I hope does write him for free until he leave on January 6th for Alaska. His Mission President, Pres. Dance called the house Sunday evening hoping to talk to Cameron and of course I redirected him to the cell# in Utah where he could be reached. I understand that was a very memorable phone call with Pres. Dance, his wife and the two AP's with Cameron.... one day perhaps I will hear details.... Gimme details - I love details! HA Other missionary mom's tell me that was unusual for a Mission Pres. to call personally - so pretty cool I think! He sounded extremely nice & kind the brief moments I spoke with him. NOW I await my first missionary letter....

1 comment:

  1. Am so pleased to announce that I FINALLY received TWO letters from Cameron on Monday, 12/21/09 - one rather short of course but it was so good to hear from him. He is VERY happy and loving the MTC apparently and his Prep-Day is Thursday at which time we will get his email address too! He is more anxious than ever to get to Alaska. Food is good he says, companion and other roomies are all terrific he says and he is kept very very busy! He requested a few items to be sent to him but other than that sounded really really good! I hope many friends and family have written him at dearelder.com but I have no way of knowing whether anyone has or not.... so if anyone is reading this WRITE CAMERON!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete